Understanding Social Work & Healthcare Recruitment
Social work and healthcare are essential pillars of our society, and carry significant value. Social work is a very challenging and demanding career, described by Prime Minister David Cameron as “one of Britain’s most important jobs”.
Local authorities are required by law to protect society’s most vulnerable children & adults. They are under pressure to perform this essential service and the consequences of failure are very serious. With an aging population, nursing and care are become increasingly important issues in society.
- 190 councils in England and Wales employ social workers
- 4,300 agency social workers in English and Welsh councils.
- £215 million is spent by councils each year on agency social workers.
- £48,000 - average social worker’s annual earnings
- £39,000 - average home manager’s annual earnings
- 21,000+ care homes in the UK
- 8,785 nursing homes in the UK
- £5 billion - estimated value of the UK’s private healthcare market
Our candidates include qualified social workers, senior social work professionals, nurses, care home managers, and directors of care home groups:
They are all experienced and highly skilled staff whose abilities are in high demand in their sector. The vast majority are qualified professionals with degrees, masters qualifications and more. They command salaries from £30k through to £150k+
Our key clients include local authorities (councils), private hospitals, care home groups, fostering agencies, charities and more.
These clients have significant purchasing power and are competing for new staff from a restricted pool of well-qualified candidates. Local authorities have a statutory responsibility to protect children and vulnerable adults in their communities, so getting the right candidate is essential. Private hospitals and care home groups are also under close scrutiny, and are expected to deliver an exceptional service, for which they require the highest calibre staff.
0845 293 7301, or email email@example.com