Family Support Worker - West Sussex - £14.54 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Family Support Worker to join a fantastic team in West Sussex. The successful Social Worker will join the Service at a key time in their improvement journey, while they focus on delivering flawless family support and driving forward 'Children First' improvement plans.
They require a family focused professional who wants to make a direct impact, and who wants to be part of the positive change that is happening within the Service.
The benefits of this Family Support Worker role:
* £14.54 per hour
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career development opportunities
* Stable and supportive team
Duties as a Family Support Worker:
* Manage a caseload under regular supervision. Assess needs, risks and options considering legal and other requirements.
* Work effectively in partnership with other staff and voluntary agencies
* Undertake home visits or consultation sessions and develop effective working relationships and communicate effectively with those people who access or need the service, families, carers, colleagues, and other professionals in order to deliver the appropriate interventions undertaken within Early Help or Social Care.
* Contribute to the 'Team around the Child' and other planning processes as a representative of Early Help
* Work intensively with children/young people and their families where there is a possibility of family breakdown and crisis
* Provide appropriate interventions and services for children/young people and their families to prevent children taking on inappropriate or excessive caring roles
* Develop effective working relationships and communication with those people who access or need the service in order to deliver appropriate interventions
Essential requirements of this Family Support Worker role:
* Experience of working in a multi-agency context, demonstrating an awareness of differing roles and responsibilities and effective methods of collaboration
* Knowledge of child and adolescent development and age appropriate behaviour relevant to the Early Help service
* Understanding of current childcare legislation and policy
* Knowledge of Safeguarding policies and procedures
* Valid and full driving licence
* NVQ level 3 Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification, demonstrating that level of ability in working with children/young people and families or relevant experience
* Relevant organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating a client focused service
* Significant experience of working with children/young people and their families in a crisis situation and using a range of direct work interventions
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* We will assist you from the initial phone call onwards throughout the whole process
* Twice weekly payroll
* Competitive hourly rates
* Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
* Interview and coaching support
* Pre and post placement support to ensure you're happy in the role
For more information please email email@example.com