Speech and Language Therapist - Mental Health & Learning Disabilities - Harrow - Up to £30,000 per annum
We re currently looking for a qualified Speech and Language Therapist to join a Mental Health & Learning Disabilities Service in Harrow. The successful Speech and Language Therapist will be working with individuals to maximise their potential and to enable them to enjoy the best possible quality of life via the delivery of an evidence-based SLT service that promotes effective functional communication, social skills development, collaborative working and an appropriate total communication environment.
You will be working directly with patients to assess their communication needs and provide input into their therapeutic programmes that formulate part of their wider care pathway from admission to discharge.
As part of a full multi-disciplinary team on-site consisting of healthcare assistants, nursing, psychiatry, occupational therapy, psychology and social work, you will work with all staff across the hospitals to support the implementation of the therapeutic approach demonstrating a range of skills, knowledge and abilities relating to autism spectrum disorders.
Benefits of this Speech Language Therapist role:
* Group Pension
* Free mortgage broker and insurance cover
* NHS Staff discount
* Enhanced maternity
* Free health cash plan
* 24hr free GP help line
* Life assurance
* Discounted job membership
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
* Robust clinical and professional skills
* Placement experience / interest in the field of Learning Disabilities including Autism Spectrum Disorders and / or Mental Health Conditions.
* Knowledge of Positive Behaviour Support with an emphasis on person-centred planning.
* Knowledge of key national drivers for the client group
* Evidence of being a strong team player with a genuine desire to help others
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to work flexibly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
* Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
* Full induction training is given, and you will receive onsite clinical supervision and mentoring through an onsite Highly Specialist SLT
Essential requirements of this Speech and Language Therapist role:
* Speech and Language Therapist qualified
* HCPC registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com