Occupational Therapist Band 6 - Birmingham - £31,365 - £33,176 per annum
Working hours: 37.5 per week
We require a highly experienced band 6 occupational therapist to take on a new role in Birmingham. You will be joining an integrated therapy team consisting of Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Clinical Psychologists, nursing teams and Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine and to lead the Physiotherapy team.
As an occupational therapist, you will be assessing and treating adults part of the resident group, who have complex, acquired neurological disorders. This includes stroke, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury.
The ability to apply comprehensive physical and cognitive skills that complement working in neurological rehabilitation is required, however there will be the opportunity to develop skills in these areas.
The benefits of this Occupational Therapist Band 6 role:
* Employee Assistance Programme
* £31,365 - £33,176 per annum
* Retail discount scheme
* Free DBS
* Wider wallet scheme
Skills and experienced required for Occupational Therapist Band 6 role:
* Extensive and varied experience working as a band 5 occupational therapist, or previous experience as a band 6 occupational therapist, with a keen interest in developing their neurological rehabilitation skill and competency.
* Be able to work as an autonomous practitioner and as part as a wider interdisciplinary team.
* To provide specialist evidence based occupational assessment and develop and facilitate treatment plans and occupational therapy interventions
* Develop enhanced skills and maintain CPD through self-directed learning, clinical supervision, mentorship and structured training sessions with occupational therapy colleagues and the interdisciplinary team
* Be responsible for the development, and clinical training and supervision of junior occupational therapist, occupational therapy students, therapy technicians, rehabilitation assistants and peers.
* Support the Clinical Lead occupational therapist and the Head of Therapies in delivering the organisations therapy rehabilitation process
Essential requirements as an Occupational Therapist Band 6:
* Qualified occupational therapist with HCPC registration
* Extensive post qualified experience
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org