Senior Occupational Therapist - Essex - Band 6 £31,000 - £38,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a senior occupational therapist to join a multi-disciplinary team in Essex. The successful OT will be responsible for the delivery of effective occupational therapy services across multiple sites for adults residing in community rehabilitation units who present with learning disabilities and complex needs.
The benefits of this Senior Occupational Therapist role:
* £31,000 - £38,000 per annum
* Relevant training and development
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Career development and progression opportunities
* Supportive team and management
Main responsibilities as an Senior Occupational Therapist:
* To provide specialised client-centred occupational therapy intervention to clients (aged 16 or over) who are resident in the community and are referred due to complex needs. This includes clients who may present with complex physical, cognitive, psychosocial and emotional needs due to pre-existing complex Learning disability and Autism backgrounds.
* To work as an autonomous practitioner in managing a defined caseload of complex cases, in a community setting. To evidence problem solving and clinical reasoning skills in line with evidence-based and client-centred principles. To formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan designed to reduce the impact of disability, from an assessment of the client's needs.
* To be an influential member of the multidisciplinary team, providing expert, integrated, client-centred, goal-orientated rehabilitation.
* To provide supervision, teaching and appraisal for junior occupational therapists, support workers, students and other members of the multidisciplinary team
* To work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team and contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of Sequence care group's service provision. To continually engage with and contribute to the development of the provision of occupational therapy within community services.
Essential requirements of this Senior Occupational Therapist role:
* HCPC registered occupational therapist
* Extensive post qualified experience
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org