Occupational Therapist - Housing Team - Sandwell - £25 - £28 per hour
Part time role. 20 hours per week
A highly experienced and dedicated Occupational Therapist is required to join a busy Housing Team in Sandwell. This is an excellent opportunity for an occupational therapist who has previous experience in a similar role, to work part time (20 hours per week) and become part of a highly supportive and skilled team.
Benefits of this band 6 Occupational Therapist role:
* Rewarding role
* £25 - £28 per hour pay rate
* Welcoming and supportive team
* Long-term contract
* Flexible working options available
* Top of the range facilities and equipment
* Manageable workload
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
* To manage a caseload of client referrals, conducting assessments for a range of people including those with complex needs and high levels of risk requiring adaptations to their homes.
* To prioritise customers with urgent needs requiring specialist
* To carry out post installation visits to monitor recommendations and review care plans; undertaking a reassessment of the persons need where necessary.
* At all times to place the customer at the centre of their own care planning process, working at all times in partnership to ensure the best possible service provision is tailored to individual need.
* To play an advocacy role in supporting customers, carers and families in accepting major changes to their environment such as large equipment or alterations to their homes.
* To have a working knowledge of the Disabled Facilities Grant legislation and council guidance and policy regarding adaptations to private and social housing.
* Undertake moving/handling risk assessments of customers where issues are complex with high levels of risk.
* To be able to teach/demonstrate safer handling techniques to customers, carers and professionals, in accordance with relevant legislation and risk management strategies.
* Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary case conferences and reviews, as appropriate, identifying the individual needs of users and recommending appropriate OT intervention.
* To identify and initiate referrals of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults to the relevant care management team.
* Maintain accurate and relevant client records including details of vulnerability or disability and OT interventions.
Essential requirements of this Band 6 Occupational Therapist role:
* Qualified Occupational Therapist with extensive post qualified experience
* HCPC registration and the legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com