Occupational Therapist - Housing - Bromley - Up to £40,000 per annum
Working hours: full time
A highly experienced and motivated occupational therapist is required to join our client's Housing Team in Bromley. The successful occupational therapist will be required to assess the needs of individuals applying for rehousing and to visit void properties to establish their level of adaptability. Advice regarding internal layout is also required for planed new builds, to ensure they meet the long-term needs of residents.
The benefits of this Occupational Therapist role:
* Up to £40,000 per annum
* Generous annual leave entitlement
* Excellent transport links
* Supportive team and management
* Employee Benefits Lifestyle Discounts
* Full induction programme and regular supervision
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
* To manage a caseload of client referrals, conducting assessments for a range of people including those with complex needs and high levels of risk requiring adaptations to their homes.
* To prioritise customers with urgent needs requiring specialist
* To carry out post installation visits to monitor recommendations and review care plans; undertaking a reassessment of the persons need where necessary.
* At all times to place the customer at the centre of their own care planning process, working at all times in partnership to ensure the best possible service provision is tailored to individual need.
* To play an advocacy role in supporting customers, carers and families in accepting major changes to their environment such as large equipment or alterations to their homes.
* To have a working knowledge of the Disabled Facilities Grant legislation and council guidance and policy regarding adaptations to private and social housing.
* Undertake moving/handling risk assessments of customers where issues are complex with high levels of risk.
* To be able to teach/demonstrate safer handling techniques to customers, carers and professionals, in accordance with relevant legislation and risk management strategies.
* Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary case conferences and reviews, as appropriate, identifying the individual needs of users and recommending appropriate OT intervention.
* To identify and initiate referrals of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults to the relevant care management team.
* Maintain accurate and relevant client records including details of vulnerability or disability and OT interventions.
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
* Qualified occupational therapist with post qualified experience
* HCPC registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org