Speech and Language Therapist - Band 6 - Hospital based/ Community - West Lancashire - £31,365 - £37,990 per annum
Fixed term contract
We are currently looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join a highly supportive multi-disciplinary team in West Lancashire. This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a dedicated team who are focused on supporting the local community.
You will be responsible for undertaking comprehensive speech and language therapy assessment of patients, including those with complex presentations.
The benefits of this Speech and Language Therapist role:
* £31,365 - £37,990 per annum
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* A true work / life balance
* Supportive team and management
Key Responsibilities as a Speech and Language Therapist:
* To clinically diagnose and use clinical reasoning skills to formulate and implement agreed individualised treatment programmes, if appropriate, in a manner, which respects privacy, dignity and individuality.
* To undertake assessment and management of patients with communication and swallowing problems following CVA and swallowing disorders associated with acute medical conditions including tracheostomies and / or ventilator dependency with support from band 7 colleagues.
* To undertake or assist in the undertaking of video fluoroscopic examinations, analysing and reporting radiographic images, offering assessments, diagnosis and treatment/management plans to patients and their medical teams.
* To maintain knowledge and skill in the use of alternative and augmentative communication aids and systems.
* To manage and prioritise referrals as required and to ensure appropriate discharge / ongoing care.
* To advise, develop, assist and educate all appropriate staff on the management and care of patients with communication and/or feeding and swallowing difficulties.
* To undertake the planning, training and supervision of relevant members of the MDT in dysphagia screening.
* To provide specialist speech and language therapy advice to Health Care Professionals within the Trust.
* To ensure a high standard of patient care is provided, implementing and reviewing clinical standards relevant to the work undertaken.
* To ensure effective internal and external two-way communication with patients, carers and all other Health and Social Care Professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
* To provide and receive complex information that requires empathy and reassurance, communicating where there may be barriers to understanding.
Essential requirements of this Speech and Language Therapist role:
* Qualified Speech and Language Therapist with extensive post qualified experience
* HCPC registration and the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org