Band 6 Occupational Therapist - Mental Health - Wanstead, East London - £28 per hour
Contract: initial 3-month contract, with the view of being long-term
Start date: ASAP
An experienced Band 6 Occupational Therapist is required to join our client's Community Team in Wanstead. This role is to start ASAP on an initial 3-month contract looking to be long-term. Due to the nature of this role, the successful occupational therapist must have experience of working with clients who have severe and enduring mental health difficulties alongside an understanding of recovery principles in mental health.
The benefits of this Band 6 Occupational Therapist role:
* Flexible working considered
* Friendly team
* supportive management
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
The role as an Occupational Therapist will include:
* Providing a high quality, efficient therapy service to patients with a wide range of physical and medical conditions.
* Providing a client-centred occupational therapy service to a defined caseload of service users with complex needs, within the local services working with multi-disciplinary team members..
* To actively develop and implement a framework of care, which reflects a holistic approach to service user needs, and the seven pillars of clinical governance.
* To use evidence-based principles to apply clinical skills and reasoning in occupational therapy, assessment, treatment planning, intervention and evaluation which include individual and group orientated approaches.
* To be a resource for the team, providing, occupational therapy professional guidance, and to lead on the evaluation and continued development of the occupational therapy service
Experience required for this Band 6 Occupational Therapist role:
* Experience with care coordination role (both OT specific and generic) and relevant legislations/framework in mental health i.e care act assessment, safeguarding, MCA, MHA, CPA Process etc.
* Experience working in an MDT
* Experience in carrying out specialists functional OT assessments and providing *1:1/group OT intervention
* Understanding of recovery and social inclusion
* Experience in supervising/line managing staff and OT student
Essential requirements of this Occupational Therapist role:
* Qualified Occupational Therapist with extensive post qualified experience
* HCPC registration and the legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org