Band 6 Occupational Therapist - Reablement - Midsomer Norton- £24 per hour
Full time hours preferred
An experienced Band 6 Occupational Therapist is required to join our private client's busy Reablement Team in Midsomer Norton. As a band 6 you will hold responsibility for own case-load working with rehabilitation therapy workers to deliver therapeutic programmes as part of the multi-disciplinary team.
For this position, you must have previous discharge to assess or prevention of admission experience.
The Reablement Service is a short-term service which supports and works with people, either in their own home or in Residential or Nursing Homes. The aim of the service is to maximize and maintain independence through the provision of rehabilitation and support.
The benefits of this Band 6 Occupational Therapist role:
* £24 per hour pay rate
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
* Supportive team and management
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Duties as a Band 6 Occupational Therapist:
* Provide an evidence-based Occupational therapy service of a high standard, to patients in a community setting by undertaking comprehensive assessments, reassessments, care planning, rehabilitation and therapeutic care and support. This will involve using clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence-based practice to inform the appropriate intervention and developing comprehensive discharge plans from the service
* Provide professional advice and guidance to the team and others. This will involve contributing to the day to day management of the team, data gathering, analysis, recording and reporting, interpreting and recommended further courses of action
* Allocate, supervise and direct on-going Occupational Therapy programmes to patients provided by Reablement therapy workers and Therapy Assistant Practitioner as required
* Be responsible for the safe and competent use of equipment and appliances used by patients and ensure that members of the patients family, other MDT colleagues, carers and students attain competency prior to use
* Assist in further integration of health and social care practices, helping to break down barriers and enable more joint working and shared pathways, working with other practitioners and team
* Resolve varied problems using advanced analytical /problem solving techniques to understand the causes. Find solutions based on limited information and use evaluation, judgment and interpretation to select best course of action.
* Accountable for day to day people management of the team, contributing to longer term planning, performance, coordination and development of staff. This will include acting as the team lead -triaging and booking in new referrals based on the capacity available
* Be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, adhering to National, professional and organizational standards and guidelines
* Communicate in an appropriate and professional manner to enable sharing of information of varying complexity.
Essential requirements of this Band 6 Occupational Therapist role:
* Qualified Occupational Therapist with extensive post qualified experience
* HCPC registration and the legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com