Non-Medical Prescriber - Community Substance Misuse - Southampton - Up to £42,922 per annum (including £5,000 R & R)
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Non-Medical Prescriber (RGN or RMN qualified) to join a Community Substance Misuse Service in Southampton.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who provide specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system.
Duties will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
The benefits of this Non-Medical Prescriber role:
* Up to £42,922 (including £5,000 R & R)
* Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
* Supportive team and management
The role of a Non-Medical Prescriber will include:
* To provide a safe, effective and evidence-based care and interventions for service users and clinical interventions for alcohol and substance misuse assisted withdrawal
* To work in collaboration with clinical lead, Consultant Psychiatrist, nurses to aid in the safe delivery of Alcohol and Substance Misuse detox and assisted withdrawal services
* To support service users affected by alcohol and substance misuse to achieve and sustain their recovery
* Admissions assessments and detox prescribing
* Physical and medical assessments
* Risk assessments
* Client case management
* Administration and distribution of Medication and Controlled Drugs
* Overseeing the wellbeing of client's recovery from a psychosocial perspective as well as medical.
Skills and knowledge required for this role:
* In-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user
* Be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols
* You will be able to demonstrate skills to ensure that the care delivered, is specific and evidence based, adhering to service user's needs and will be required to hold a small caseload
The successful candidate for this Non-Medical Prescriber position will have:
* A Registered Nurse (RMN or RGN) qualification
* A current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
* Experience in a similar clinical role within a substance misuse environment
* Non-Medical Prescriber qualification
For more information please email email@example.com