Charge Nurse - RMN or RNLD - Low Secure - Canterbury - up to £40,677 per annum
We are looking for a charge nurse (RMN or RNLD) to join our client's low secure hospital in Canterbury. The hospital is a 40-bed low secure hospital that provides specialist assessments, treatment and care for adults with intellectual disabilities, personality disorders or autistic spectrum disorders, including those with challenging behaviours and forensic histories.
Benefits of this Charge Nurse - RMN or RNLD role:
* Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
* Maternity leave at 3 month's full pay and 3 month's half pay, (up to a max salary of £50k)
* 2 week's paid paternity leave
* Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
* A thorough Induction Programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
* Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
* Generous Annual Leave allowance
* Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
* The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3%
* A range of staff discounts
* Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
* Access to Myfamilycare services which provides support and information at critical life events including access to experts and emergency care services
Key responsibilities as a Charge Nurse - RMN or RNLD:
* To be the clinical expert within the speciality
* To act as an advocate to the child or adult ensuring the provision of appropriate information and support services.
* To be an active participant in the multidisciplinary team, formulating care plans and utilising appropriate assessments.
* In conjunction with the MDT, assess and manage risks identified through assessment of patients.
* To regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with the MDT to modify care plans as appropriate.
* To act as the primary nurse for inpatient stay.
* To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and the organisations policies and procedures
* To undertake clinical supervision to further develop competence and clinical practice.
* To act as a mentor/preceptor to students/support workers as appropriate.
* To supervise junior staff in carrying out their care plans.
* To liaise effectively with all stakeholders in the care process, including carers and relatives, aspiring to provide an effective, seamless and integrated service to patients.
* To maintain and update relevant knowledge and skills, maintain a professional portfolio and participate in further training as appropriate, in order to enhance quality of care for patients and carers.
* To comply with the Health and Safety Policies and Protocols in order to contribute to safe working practices.
* To protect vulnerable adults / children from internal/external elements and act as a Patient Advocate.
Essential requirements of this Charge Nurse - RMN or RNLD role:
* A RNLD or RMN qualification
* Current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
* The ability to use your skills to develop care plans and assessments
* Experience of mental health services
* A good understanding of the care programme approach and risk assessment
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org