Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist - Marylebone, London - £45,000 - £48,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
We are looking for a Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our client's prestigious private surgical hospital based in Marylebone, London. The hospital offers the highest standards of medical and surgical care across a range of specialities, and their consultants are considered leaders in their fields of expertise.
The Urology service is a key part in the hospital's Men's Health strategy which empowers clinical teams to agree patient pathways allowing them to publish robust data evidencing quality and best practice.
The benefits of this Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist role:
* Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
* Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
* Private Healthcare
* Staff Referral scheme
* Company pension scheme
* Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
* Season Ticket Loan
* Help to buy a bike
* Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
* Free Employee Assistance Programme
* Various discount vouchers
The scope of this role is extensive:
* Working with Urology consultants to set up protocols, pathways, multi-disciplinary meetings, clinics and multi-disciplinary ward rounds.
* Co-ordinating the complex patient journey, from diagnosis to surgery/treatment, recovery and follow up.
* Providing holistic care, advice and support to the patients and their families through daily ward rounds; helping the patients to achieve a successful recovery and rehabilitation.
* Working closely with the CNS team to develop the Enhanced Recovery programme for urology patients.
* Teaching - improving staff skills and knowledge about caring for patients with urological conditions and enhanced recovery.
* Clinical governance activity including audit, measuring outcomes and research.
* Change agent in relation to the care and management of Urology patients.
Essential requirements of this Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist role:
* Registered Nurse qualification and valid NMC PIN
* An experienced Urology CNS and an expert practitioner, able to lead and organise complex care across multi-professions
* Have the initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
* The education needed for the role is preferable at Masters level, with evidence of Masters level thinking and problem solving
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org