RGN or ODP - NHS Theatre Practitioner - Bristol - Up to £30,112 per annum + additional benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced RGN or ODP to join an NHS Hospital in Bristol, taking on the role of Theatre Practitioner. This NHS Hospital supports nurses of all levels to move into the mediroom services, by using simulation theatres and offers a fantastic induction.
Benefits as an NHS Theatre Practitioner:
* Generous annual salary of up to £30,112 per annum
* Opportunities for funding for qualifications such as anaesthetic qualifications
* NHS benefits
* Opportunities to progress within the NHS
* Great working location
Duties as a NHS Theatre Practitioner:
* Ensure skilled care is given to patients either by themselves or junior staff within the department or outside areas
* Able to identify the specific perioperative needs of patients undergoing a variety of surgeries.
* To act as Scrub practitioner for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
* To act as circulating nurse for a variety of surgical specialities
* To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
* To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required
* Plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
* Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
* Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
* Participate in the ordering and training of new equipment
* Take responsibility for ensuring safe lifting techniques when assisting in the movement and lifting of patients and equipment
* Report to the Team Leader/Clinical Coordinator accidents, incidents and complaints and drug deficiencies affecting patients, staff, supplies and services
* Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
* Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
* Assist in the care, labelling and dispatch of specimens for laboratory examination.
* Assist in maintaining the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre in order that statistics may be accurately compiled.
* Participate in audit and research
* Ensure all clinical and legal documents are completed and that they are accurate and legible in accordance with the Trust guidelines.
* Ensure the understanding of the nature of confidentiality
* Maintain appropriate stock levels within the theatre areas and participate in budgetary control.
* Ensure the economical use of resources.
* Development of own and others professional practice in line with personal development plan
Essential requirements of this NHS Theatre Practitioner role include:
* A Registered Nurse qualification (RGN or ODP)
* Current registration with the NMC
* Eligibility to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org