Duty Manager - RGN - Nursing Home - Folkestone, Kent - £21 per hour DOE
Various shift patterns available - Days or Nights
We are currently looking for a duty manager (RGN) to join a large, elderly nursing home in based in Hawkinge, just outside of Folkestone, Kent. The successful duty manager will be joining a service provider with an excellent reputation around the Kent area.
The benefits of this Duty Manager - RGN role include:
* £21 per hour DOE
* Various shift patterns available - Days or Nights
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
* Supportive team and management
Key responsibilities as a Duty Manager - RGN:
* Make sure that the Care Staff Daily Responsibilities (Policies P11a & P11b) are followed every day
* Receive handover and feedback from the previous Duty Manager
* Check the diary for each day's events
* Allocate duties to the care staff for the shift
* Undertake drug rounds
* Tour the floor and monitor residents' personal care requirements and presentation of residents.
* Answer the telephone in a timely manner, and hand it over to a suitable care staff member if engaged in a meeting.
* Supervise serving of meals and monitor dietary and hydration requirements
* Supervise the Social Assistant and ensure that a comprehensive social programme is maintained.
* Monitor "unacceptable practices"
* Monitor cleaning standards and odour control
* Monitor monthly weight recording
* Conduct a supervision of a care staff member each afternoon and write it up on the on-line system.
* Record all care given in Person Centred Software
* Use the Handover Report from Person Centred Software for the handover to next Duty Manager.
* Raise safeguarding alerts to the Registered Manager
Essential requirements of this Duty Manager - RGN role include:
* RGN Qualification and extensive post qualified experience
* NMC PIN and the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com