Nurse - Non-Medical Prescriber - Substance Misuse - Southampton - Up to £37,660.83 per annum plus up to £5,000 R & R negotiable
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
We are currently recruiting for a new opportunity in Southampton in a community-based recovery service for those affected by alcohol and substance misuse. This is a Mon - Fri 9 - 5 based role.
They are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) to join their strong team of nurses.
The service offers specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system. This will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
We are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user. The post holder will need to be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols. The individual should demonstrate skills to ensure that the care delivered, is specific and evidence based, adhering to service user's needs and will be required to hold a small caseload.
Benefits of this Nurse - Non-Medical Prescriber role:
* Up to £37,660.83 per annum
* Up to £5,000 R & R negotiable
* Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm only
* Relevant training and development
* Supportive and friendly team
Duties as a Nurse - Non-Medical Prescriber:
* To provide a safe, effective and evidence-based care and interventions for service users and clinical interventions for alcohol and substance misuse assisted withdrawal
* To work in collaboration with clinical lead, Consultant Psychiatrist, nurses to aid in the safe delivery of Alcohol and Substance Misuse detox and assisted withdrawal services
* To support service users affected by alcohol and substance misuse to achieve and sustain their recovery
* Admissions assessments and detox prescribing
* Physical and medical assessments
* Risk assessments
* Client case management
* Administration and distribution of Medication and Controlled Drugs
* Overseeing the wellbeing of client's recovery from a psychosocial perspective as well as medical.
The successful candidate for this Non-Medical Prescriber position will have:
* A Registered Nurse (RMN or RGN) qualification
* A current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
* Experience in a similar clinical role within a substance misuse environment
* Non-Medical Prescriber Qualification
For more information please email email@example.com