Senior Nurse - Mental Health - Newport, South Wales - £35,000 - £39,500 per annum
Working hours: 38.25 hours per week
We are currently looking for a senior nurse (RMN or RNLD) to join a 33 bedded service in Newport, South Wales which specialises in mental health and learning disabilities. For this position, you must have previous experience working within a mental health or learning disabilities setting.
They are looking for an experienced nurse who is familiar with working in clinical environments that focus on evidence-based practice and the use of formal clinical outcome measures, including service user feedback on quality of care. You must also be familiar with the principles of clinical supervision and committed to using supervision to support staff working in a highly challenging environment
The Hospital has a full disciplinary team and is supported by a Board of Directors, of whom 50% are clinicians and accessible to the whole staff team.
The benefits of this Senior Nurse role:
* Long service annual leave days
* Excellent salary up to £39,500 per annum
* Promotional opportunities
* CPD Training
* Excellent opportunity for development
* Great team to work with
* This service is currently developing a post qualification nurse training framework that will support nurses to prepare for advanced practice (independent prescribing, psychological therapy accreditation or working towards approved clinician status)
Duties and responsibilities as a Senior Nurse:
* To work in line with all organisational policies/procedures, values and beliefs and support the staff team to do the same.
* To provide direction and be a role model, facilitating best practice and best outcomes for Patient group.
* Understand and promote the rights of Patients at all times.
* Understand and promote dignity and respect in all aspects of your daily work.
* Understand and promote awareness and respect of the confidentiality of Patients unless doing so would be a risk to them, others, or the organisation.
* Understand and respect the confidentiality of your colleagues and the wider organisation.
* Understand and inform those you supervise/support that communicating the organisations business to any external party, including ex-employees, without express permission, may result in a disciplinary process.
* Direct others to share resource, including cross site working and reduce costs across the service.
* To use effective, professional, written and verbal communication at all times, ensuring the correct information is delivered to the correct person at the correct time.
* To understand and adhere to all security requirements for the service, including attending/delivering training when required.
Essential requirements of this Senior Nurse position:
* RMN or RNLD qualification
* Valid NMC PIN and the legal right to work in the UK
* Previous experience of working within a mental health or learning disabilities setting
For more information please email email@example.com