Staff Nurse - RGN or ODP - Theatre Practitioner - Bristol - Up to £30,112 Per Annum + Additional Benefits
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for an experienced staff nurse (RGN or ODP) seeking a position as a theatre practitioner for Medirooms in Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career within the NHS or if you are seeking a career change and to move into the NHS this is a great chance to do that.
The hospital is able to support nurses of all levels of experience to move into the mediroom services by using simulation theatres and a fantastic induction to get nurses up to speed. The successful candidate will scrub and treat patients in a wide variety of surgical procedures and full training and support are given.
Benefits as a Theatre Practitioner:
* A generous annual salary of up to £30,112
* Opportunities for funding for qualifications such as anaesthetic qualifications
* NHS benefits
* Opportunities to progress within the NHS
* Great working location
Duties as a Theatre Practitioner:
* Ensure skilled care is given to patients either by themselves or junior staff within the department or outside areas
* Able to identify the specific perioperative needs of patients undergoing a variety of surgeries.
* To act as a Scrub practitioner for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
* To act as a circulating nurse for a variety of surgical specialities
* To assist in the handover of care to the Mediroom area
* To support the anaesthetic and Mediroom staff as and when required
* Plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
* Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
* Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
* Participate in the ordering and training of new equipment
* Take responsibility for ensuring safe lifting techniques when assisting in the movement and lifting of patients and equipment
* Report to the Team Leader/Clinical Coordinator accidents, incidents and complaints and drug deficiencies affecting patients, staff, supplies, and services
* Communicate effectively at all times and maintain a harmonious working environment.
* Take an active role in maintaining effective communication with all disciplines.
* Assist in the care, labeling and dispatch of specimens for laboratory examination.
* Assist in maintaining the accurate collection of data in relation to the theatre in order that statistics may be accurately compiled.
* Participate in audit and research
* Ensure all clinical and legal documents are completed and that they are accurate and legible in accordance with the Trust guidelines.
* Ensure the understanding of the nature of confidentiality
* Maintain appropriate stock levels within the theatre areas and participate in budgetary control.
* Ensure the economical use of resources.
* Development of own and other professional practice in line with a personal development plan
* A Registered Nurse qualification (RGN or ODP)
* Current registration with the NMC
* Eligibility to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org