Head of Nursing - RGN or RMN - Ashley, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire - £44,382 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
Role includes: Up to 4 on call days per month, to be discussed at interview
Contract: up to 12 months
A 36-bed hospital based in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire is currently looking for an RGN or RMN who has extensive experience working within mental health to take on the role of Head of Nursing. The hospital provides specialist care in adult mental health, learning disabilities including Autistic Spectrum conditions, post traumatic stress disorder and associated personality disorders.
Some residents also have forensic backgrounds or have been detained under the Mental Health Act.
The benefits of this Head of Nursing - RGN or RMN role include:
* Competitive salary and remunerations package
* Incredibly well-staffed service - two nurses on each shift at all times
* Ongoing training and development
* 6 weeks holiday per year
* Company pension scheme
* Free meals provided on shift
* Additional bonus structure
Duties as the Head of Nursing - RGN or RMN:
* Leading in the development and delivery of an on-going quality improvement plan that encompasses the Organisation's values, quality priorities, and staff and patients views
* Participating in the Group Nurses Forum To actively promote, develop and secure a quality improvement culture by improving the knowledge and understanding of managers and staff through effective training and staff engagement programmes
* To work closely with the Ward Managers to ensure that all patient safety elements are progressed and that wider is support is provided to the governance agenda
* To oversee and lead the Hospital's complaints policy and ensure all complaints are investigated and responded to in a timely manner
* To liaise with Pharmacy Service Provider ensuring compliance with all auditing systems and support staff to achieve standards of excellence
* To lead on and oversee all Pre-Registration Nurse Placements in partnership with local Universities
The successful Head of Nursing - RGN or RMN for this role will:
* An RGN or RMN with a very strong mental health background
* Be able to demonstrate a strong standard of both written and verbal communication
* Have a current, valid registration with the NMC
* Have previous management experience at Deputy level or above.
* Experience in a similar environment is advantageous but not essential.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org