Senior Occupational Therapist - Mental Health - Kent - £31,141.50 - £34,378.50 per annum
We are currently seeking a senior occupational therapist to join our clients Adult Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities Low Secure Hospital, located in the village of Barham, 6 miles from Canterbury and 10 miles from Dover.
The hospital is a 40 bed low secure hospital that provides specialist assessments, treatment and care for adults with intellectual disabilities, personality disorders or autistic spectrum disorders, including those with challenging behaviours and forensic histories.
As a senior occupational therapist, you will work collaboratively with patients and their families or carers and provide person-centred care and support. You will demonstrate established skills in the assessment and treatment of patients with mental health and intellectual disabilities and will work within a wider multi-disciplinary team.
The benefits of this Senior Occupational Therapist role include:
* £31,141.50 - £34,378.50 per annum
* Supportive team and management
* Career development and progression opportunities
* Comprehensive training
Duties of this Senior Occupational Therapist role include:
* To develop and deliver an occupational therapy (OT) assessment and treatment service to patients within a specified number of services.
* To provide unit-based, occupation-focused occupational therapy to patients with complex developmental disorders and mental health needs.
* Be an active and integral member of the multidisciplinary team.
With other members of the multi-disciplinary team, co-ordinate clinical care for patients within the hospital.
* To develop and supervise the work of Technical Instructors and to provide clinical supervision, as required.
* To take on the role of most senior occupational therapy practitioner in the service and in conjunction with the Hospital Lead Occupational Therapist, liaise with senior management in relation to occupational therapy provision.
Essential requirements of this Senior Occupational Therapist role:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com