Dermatology Consultant - Scunthorpe - £150,000 pro rata
Our client in Scunthorpe are currently looking for a Dermatology Consultant to join their team. The successful Dermatology Consultant will undertake new and follow up consultations of patients referred to the community Dermatology service by GPs, in accordance with guidance from the lead consultant and the supervising consultant
This will include diagnosis of the full range of dermatology conditions and initiating medical and surgical treatments, including phototherapy, in a community clinic.
Key Responsibilities as a Dermatology Consultant:
* Undertake new and follow up consultations including a full assessment of the medical condition, the patient's concerns and expectations. The post holder will enter full details of history, examination findings, diagnosis and treatment plan in the case record.
* Follow care pathways for the common skin problems as recommend by national guidance
* Prescribe treatment only for the presenting complaint and in accordance with the dermatology formulary and prescribing restrictions
* Offer only those treatments or surgical procedures, which are within the scope of the contract between Virgin Care and the CCG, taking care not to undertake procedures, which are excluded from the contract.
* Ensure that patient or carer's are informed fully about the condition, answer any questions, supply written information if available and involve them in decisions about the treatment
* Dictate a letter to the patient's GP at the time of the consultation for every patient and arrange to review the letters and amend as necessary to an appropriate timescale.
* Undertake appropriate surgical procedures only after training and directly observed practice has taken place and been signed off.
* Order appropriate investigations, making sure that pathology request forms are filled in legibly with full clinical details.
* Take responsibility for seeing and taking action on all results, including writing to the GP and patient.
* Work with other members of staff to deliver a high quality, patient-centred service
* This list is intended to summarise the key responsibilities and is not intended to cover every task that may be required of the role
Requirements of this Dermatology Consultant role:
* To be registered with GMC and engaged in regular clinical work
* To hold MRCGP examination or equivalent experience
* Specialist register
* Have sound knowledge of the principles and values that support good medical practice
* A clear commitment to delivering quality and patient focused service
* A sound knowledge of the principles and values that support good medical practice
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com