Health and Wellbeing Nurse - Substance Misuse - Bradford - £33,568.73 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
We are currently recruiting for an experienced RGN or RMN to join a multi-disciplinary team in Bradford. The successful RGN or RMN will be joining a fantastic team who provide specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration, and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system.
This role will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
The benefits of this Health and Wellbeing Nurse role include:
* Career progression opportunities
* Excellent salary of £33,568.73 per annum
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Supportive team and management
Key responsibilities as a Health and Wellbeing Nurse:
* Offer testing for blood borne viruses and provide appropriate pre and post-test discussions.
* Provide health promotion and harm reduction advice and screening; this includes providing blood borne virus, management, vaccination and referral to specialist services.
* Work as part of the nursing team to improve health and promote recovery. This will include supporting service users' detoxification from alcohol and drugs.
* Titration, stabilisation, reduction and detoxification of opiate replacement therapy.
* Undertake general healthcare assessments and make onward referrals and recommendations as necessary.
* Undertake ECG's as directed.
* Adhere to Patient Group Directions and ensure requirements on updating are maintained.
* Work alongside the Lead Clinician or Nurse Prescriber to plan and implement individual community detoxification programmes to ensure safety and optimise outcomes.
* Contribute to the development and review of recovery/treatment plans.
* Ensure that procedures are constantly reviewed to promote evidenced based best practice in accordance with UK Guidelines on Clinical Management, NICE Guidance and clinical protocols, procedures and policies.
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and national guidelines on medicines management.
* Maintain a current knowledge of up to date interventions as appropriate to the service.
* Ensure all data requirements are maintained and collated within agreed time frames.
* Engage proactively with both line management and clinical supervision.
* Develop effective relationships with stakeholders and partnership agencies.
* Ensure adherence to all relevant Health & Safety Policies and ensure that risk is managed appropriately within the service.
* Attend meetings appropriate to the development and maintenance of the role under the direction of the Clinical Team Leader.
Essential requirements for this Health and Wellbeing role include:
* Nurse qualified (RMN or RGN) with an active UK Nursing PIN
* Proven post qualifying experience within Mental Health / General Nursing
* Clean Driving Licence
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org