General Practitioner - Dermatology Department - Hospital - Wirral - Up to £110,000 Per Annum
Liquid Healthcare currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced general practitioner to work in a dermatology department within a hospital based in Wirral, Merseyside. The successful candidate will undertake new and follow up consultations of patients referred to the community dermatology service by GPs in accordance with guidance from the lead consultant and the supervising consultant. This will include diagnosis of the full range of dermatology conditions and initiating medical and surgical treatments, including phototherapy, in a community clinic.
Benefits of this GP Role:
* Amazing pay rate of up to £110,000 per annum
* Career progression opportunities
* Great location with easily accessible public transport links
Duties of this GP Role:
* Undertake new and follow up consultations including a full assessment of the medical condition, the patient's concerns and expectations.
* Enter full details of history, examination findings, diagnosis and treatment plan in the case record.
* Follow care pathways for the common skin problems as recommended by the consultant dermatologist.
* Prescribe treatment only for the presenting complaint and in accordance with the dermatology formulary and prescribing restrictions.
* Offer only those treatments or surgical procedures, which are within the scope of the contract between Virgin Care and the CCG, taking care not to undertake procedures, which are excluded from the contract.
* Ensure that patient or carers are informed fully about the condition, answer any questions, supply written information if available and involve them in decisions about the treatment.
* Dictate a letter to the patient's GP at the time of the consultation for every patient and arrange to review the letters and amend as necessary to an appropriate timescale.
* Discuss or refer a patient for a consultant opinion within the community service avoiding practice outside his / her level of competence.
* Undertake appropriate surgical procedures only after training and directly observed practice has taken place and been signed off.
* Order appropriate investigations, making sure that pathology request forms are filled in legibly with full clinical details.
* Take responsibility for seeing and taking action on all results, including writing to the GP and patient.
* GMC registration
* Extensive experience
* Be passionate about delivering the highest quality care and customer experience
* The legal right to work in the UK
For more information, please email email@example.com