Occupational Therapist - Forensic Mental Health - Southwark - £28,633 Per Annum
Liquid Healthcare are currently recruiting for an experienced, dedicated and highly skilled occupational therapist for a role within a forensic mental health residential service for a client based in Southwark. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in this client group, and demonstrate an ability to develop assessment skills, working primarily with assessment tools from the Model of Human Occupation, and collaborating with the MDT to devise a care plan tailored to the individual.
Benefits as an Occupational Therapist:
* Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
* 28 days' paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 30 days. Plus, the option to purchase additional holidays
* Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
* Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
* Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
* Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
* Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym membership
Duties as an Occupational Therapist:
* Hold a central position within the team, working closely with the dual diagnosis worker, their recovery workers and the clinical team to develop and strengthen the therapeutic interventions/activities.
* Be confident in applying evidence-based models of occupational therapy that focus on maintaining and restoring functional ability, confidence and competence in living skills and promotes vocational/educational pathways, by linking into local community facilities to endorse social inclusion.
* Have strong engagement, motivational skills and flexibility in working with service users with complex mental health needs.
* Be responsible for bringing an occupational therapy focus to the activity program, delivering workshops that develop life skills, and support residents to manage and to understand conditions in mental health.
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org