Clinical Psychologist - London - £41,808 per annum
A new opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Psychologist to join our clients Specialist Brain Injury Neurological Care and Rehabilitation Service in South East London, SE10.
The centre provides comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation and therapy for male and female adolescents and adults (over 17 years), specialising in the treatment of patients with a primary cognitive or behavioural impairment resulting from a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
This exciting and dynamic role will place you at the heart of a clinical team, working closely with patients and other healthcare professionals. Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities.
They are seeking a qualified and experienced Clinical Psychologist with experience in neuropsychology. It's important the successful Clinical Psychologist has the ability to work autonomously within the context of a multi-disciplinary team approach and undertake specific clinical work with patients and their families in response to clinical needs, in a way which coheres with the overall treatment philosophy of the Centre.
The benefits of this Clinical Psychologist role include:
* £41,808 per annum
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
Job summary of this Clinical Psychologist role:
* Providing a high-quality specialist clinical Neuropsychology service, within the multidisciplinary neuro rehabilitation team
* supervising and supporting neuropsychological assessment and therapy provided by other psychologists, including, trainee, and assistant psychologists
* Contributing to the supervision of psychological therapy provided by other psychologists, including trainee, and assistant psychologists
* Working autonomously within professional guidelines and exercising responsibility for psychological practise within a current caseload.
* Utilising research skills for audit, policy, service development and clinical research * Implementing policy changes within the neuropsychology service and the wider organisation.
Requirements of this Clinical Psychologist role:
* Possess Post-graduate doctorate level training in Clinical Psychology
* Be a HPC registered Clinical Psychologist
* Have specialised knowledge of neuropsychological disorders, neuroanatomy and neurological conditions
* Have an advanced (doctoral level) knowledge of research design and methodology including data analysis as practised within the field of clinical psychology
* Experience of working with a range of client groups, presenting a range of clinical severity, in a range of care settings, including in-patient and outpatient work
* Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical and clinically sensitive information to patients, families, carers and other professional colleagues, both within and outside the NHS setting
* Ability to provide and/or identify appropriate support to carers and staff managing individuals with complex cognitive or behavioural deficits
* Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
* Have a legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org