Prison Nurse - Manchester, Greater Manchester - £26,000 - £29,000 per annum
Our client is a regional health care provider that specialises in substance misuse across the North West. They are currently looking to recruit for their CAT A male prison in Manchester.
If you are an experienced registered nurse (RGN or RMN) who has experience working in secure mental health or substance misuse then this is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role as a prison nurse in Manchester.
As a registered nurse you will need to be able to work collaboratively within your team and across the group with the drug and alcohol team to provide outstanding and innovative services, delivering the best possible outcomes for those in your care. You will work closely with offenders offering medical interventions and clinical therapies to support their journey from dependence to freedom.
This is a really exciting and rewarding role where you'll be able to positively impact people's future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
Benefits of this Prison Nurse role include:
* The opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives
* Competitive salary
* 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
* Generous occupational pay schemes
* A fabulous wellbeing programme
* Be part of a values lead culture
* Quality learning and development opportunities
* Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
Your duties as a Prison Nurse:
* Pro-actively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
* Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
* To manage the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs.
* Administer medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment.
* Support blood borne virus clinics including pre-screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing
Requirements of this Prison Nurse role include:
* Nursing Qualification (RGN, RMN)
* Valid NMC Pin
* Experience in Medium Secure setting or Substance Misuse.
For more information please email email@example.com