Lead Nurse - Drug and Alcohol - Newham, London - £43,524.09 per annum (including R&R and Fringe Bonus)
Shifts: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Our client in Newham are currently looking for a lead nurse to join their community drug and alcohol clinic, taking responsibility for leading and supervising a team of nurses.
Working as a lead nurse you will become an integral part of a multidisciplinary team and lead on initiating and reviewing prescribing for a wide range of clients, working within our clear formulary and your own competencies
Your diary will be structured with 3-way clinic appointments with recovery coordinators and clients, emergency slots for same day prescribing, new client slots to give longer for initial diagnosis, structured admin time (to give support to document your diagnosis and recommendations effectively and inform our prescribing admin team to manage the prescription process) and clinical discussion time programmed in.
The benefits of this Lead Nurse role include:
* 43,524.09 per annum (including R&R and Fringe Bonus)
* Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm working hours
* Relevant training and development
* Career progression opportunities
Duties of this Lead Nurse position include:
* Assessing clients and developing risk management plans
* Screening for BBV
* Delivering vaccinations
* Dispensing Naloxone
* Advising clients on medication and substance misuse and enabling them to access medical care
* Review medication regimes and assist in the process of referrals for post-treatment recovery support.
The requirements of this Lead Nurse position include:
* RGN or RMN qualification and NMC PIN
* The legal right to work in the UK
* Previous experience of working within drug and alcohol recovery
* Previous experience of leading / managing a team is desirable but applicants' with strong nursing experience and the potential to develop in to management with training and support will be considered.
For more information please email email@example.com