Occupational Therapist Band 6 - Mental Health - Bedfordshire - Up to £25 per hour
We are looking for a Mental health Occupational Therapist for an inpatient unit for older persons with mental health needs (including Dementia) within Bedford.
In this role you will work as part of an established OT team on the unit, comprising of a Band 5 OT and 2 OT Assistants. Work involves facilitating groups and functional assessments in preparation for discharge. You will work as an integral member of the multi-disciplinary team within the Older Persons in patient services, managing a specialist/defined caseload, providing a range of specialist bio-psychosocial interventions and supporting carers and families.
As a Mental Health Occupational Therapist you will benefit from:
* Free Parking
* Flexible working hours
* Competitive pay
* Long contract
Responsibilities as a Mental Health Occupational Therapist:
* The post holder will provide expert advice to the inpatient Mental Health Team on Occupational Therapy issues and raise the profile of Occupational Therapy approaches to care within the Team.
* The post holder will develop and facilitate therapeutic group activities, according to the needs of the clients.
* To use evidence based /client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
* To ensure the clients pathway through the service is joined up and seamless, liaising with other teams and outside agencies where necessary to support recovery and enable appropriate social inclusion for their client(s) following discharge.
* To work in collaboration with the Head OT in the development of clinical and professional practice and support the implementation of research, evidence based practice, quality standards and audit as required.
Requirements of this Occupational Therapist role include:
* HCPC registration
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org