Occupational Therapist - Band 5 - Brain Injury - Sheffield - up to £31,036.50 per annum
One of our established, well known clients is currently recruiting for an Occupational Therapist (Band 5 equivalent) to join their Specialist Brain Injury and Neurological Care Service near Sheffield.
This post will be based at their specialist centre providing both long-term and short-term person-centred rehabilitation, care and support for male and female adults (aged 18+ years) with a brain injury or other complex neurological condition.
As an Occupational Therapist you will need to participate in the provision of high-quality therapeutic activities, using a wide range of approaches to suit the patient's varying needs. Encourage independence and personal choice and help to provide an environment which is conducive to patients with varied and complex needs realising their potential to live as independently as they can find possible.
Our client can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of their team and every day you'll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
The benefits of this Occupational Therapist - Band 5 role include:
* Excellent salary up to up to £31,036.50 per annum
* Relevant training and development opportunities
* Joining a committed, progressive and thriving team
As an Occupational Therapist - Band 5 you will be expected to:
* To work as part of multi-disciplinary team, contributing occupational therapy expertise to ensure we deliver outstanding assessment, care planning and support for the young people in our care
* Participating in the provision of high therapeutic activities, using a wide range of approaches to suit the patients varying needs
* Assisting with the training of care staff and others in principles of occupational therapy, so that an understanding of occupational therapy underpins the work of the care team
* Encouraging independence and personal choice and help provide an environment which is conductive to patients with varied and complex needs
* Providing evidence-based practice and that is outcome focused
* Taking an active role in your own personal and professional development and to be able to support junior staff in their development.
* Providing evidence-based practice with an outcome focus
* Continually striving for clinical excellence whilst retaining integrity, technical skill and competence
Requirements of this Occupational Therapist - Band 5 role include:
* Have a minimum BSc or recognised postgraduate diploma in Occupational Therapy
* Have experience within Neuro/Brain injury
* Hold current HCPC registration
* Be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, visitors, carers, members of the MDT and senior professional and managerial staff
* Have a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
* Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
* Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
* Have a legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com