Detox Nurse - Substance Misuse Clinic - Bradford, West Yorkshire - up to £33,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 9am until 5pm hours only
My client is looking for a nurse to join their close-knit team at their Substance Misuse Clinic in Bradford, West Yorkshire. They need a nurse with a positive attitude that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process. The service provides an Alcohol Liaison Service, an Alcohol Detox Service and an Opiate Replacement Service for NHS patients.
My client is a national charity with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues. They are looking to recruit a skilled nurse with a background in substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practise nursing background, to work in their fantastic service in Bradford.
Benefits of this Detox Nurse position include:
* A competitive salary with an increase in annual leave days based on length of service
* Monday - Friday, 9am until 5pm hours only
* A generous contributory pension scheme
* Regular support and supervision during their probationary period and monthly supervision thereafter
* The opportunity to work within a rewarding and varied role in a supportive team environment
* The potential for personal and professional development, including internal and external training courses and time off to pursue relevant higher education qualifications.
The service provides a range of interventions including:
* Blood borne virus screening and vaccination
* Clinically assisted alcohol reduction plans
* Community detoxification
* Extended brief interventions
* Health and wellbeing checks
* Hospital alcohol liaison.
Requirements for this Detox Nurse role include:
* Be a first level registered Nurse (RGN or RMN)
* Possess an active UK nursing PIN and the legal right to work in the UK
* Ideally have experience in substance misuse services, whether that be drugs, alcohol or both
* Have a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
* Have knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
* Demonstrate knowledge of harm reduction and health promotion interventions
* Possess knowledge of the issues facing alcohol misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org