Senior Nurse - Mental Health Service - York - £30,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly experienced and skilled nurse to join a mental health service in York. They are looking for an RGN or RMN who has a keen interest in working within a specialist mental health service.
As a senior nurse you would be expected to work long days and nights, over the full 7-day week as part of a shift rotation.
This service provides a modern purpose-built rehabilitation and recovery service for females suffering from a primary diagnosis of mental illness and personality disorder that have already progressed in their journey of recovery but still require further support and intensive interventions.
You will play a critical role as valued member of well-established multi-disciplinary team. You will also need motivation and drive along with excellent team working skills, who enjoy variety and purpose in their role. The ability to work well under pressure and to rise to any challenge is a must.
Benefits of this Senior Nurse role include:
* Comprehensive opportunities to learn and develop, with silver accreditation from Investors in People
* 31 days' paid holiday a year, increasing with each year of service up to 33 days. Plus the option to purchase additional holidays
* Flexible benefit options including cycle to work schemes and season ticket loans
* Competitive pension and life assurance schemes
* Employee assistance programme and access to online health and wellbeing support
* Flexible working patterns to support work-life balance
* Access to a wide range of discounts, including cinema tickets, grocery and high-street shopping and gym memberships
Duties of this Senior Nurse role include:
* Be responsible for the delivery of outstanding care to patients
* Mentor and support junior members of the team
* Understand the importance of recovery and are passionate about seeing people achieve their best,
* Understanding of recovery models/approaches and a good understanding of mental health issues and the way in which they are managed (including knowledge of the mental health act, mental capacity act and care program approach).
Requirements of this Senior Nurse role include:
* RMN or RGN Qualification
* An interest in working with the elderly
* Valid NMC PIN
* Legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org