Occupational Therapist - Community - North London - £26 - £28 per hour
We are currently looking for an occupational therapist to join a community team for one of our clients based in North London.
The successful occupational therapist will provide a professional service to adults, their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of the Care Act. The successful occupational therapist will have experience of adult community care and will engage with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess and intervene and using professional judgement employ a range of interventions, promoting choice, control and independence.
Due to location a driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
* Working within a collaborative multi-disciplinary team
* Varied caseload
* Ongoing contract
* Flexible working options available
* Working autonomously as an integral member of the occupational therapy team
* Opportunity to advocate for occupational therapy.
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
* An up to date working knowledge of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
* An applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
* A sound knowledge of social care processes and responsibilities.
* An in-depth knowledge of medical conditions and the likely impact on the individual.
* Awareness of moving and handling theory and practice.
* Knowledge of the principals of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
* Advising on specialist equipment to assist with daily activities
* Developing a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
* Advising on home and workplace environmental alterations, such as adjustments for wheelchair access
* Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
The successful Occupational Therapist need to be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com