Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Reablement - Bedfordshire - £30 per hour
The post will initially be for 3 months and reviewed monthly
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the reablement team with one of our NHS clients in Central Bedfordshire. The successful occupational therapist will be working within the Joint Reablement Team.
The Joint Reablement Team aims to provide up to 6 weeks of care for people post hospital discharge to reable them back to their previous baseline, maximising independence. The clinical team comprises of an occupational therapist, physiotherapist and nurse, with an OTA and a team of trained carers.
The successful OT will work closely with the physiotherapist and nurse to assess service users, plan and implement goal setting and order equipment and adaptations as required. You will work closely with colleagues from the Acute Trust and other health providers, as well as the local authority therapist team.
It would be expected you would have significant experience in community settings and working with older people in a rehabilitation or reablement environment. The role will involve working across Bedfordshire in people's own homes, so the ability to drive is essential.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist - Band 6 role include:
* Excellent Pay Rates
* Deeply rewarding and varied work
* A chance to develop and implement change
* Working within a multidisciplinary team
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist - Band 6:
* To work flexibly and assist in effective and efficient delivery of the service.
* To prioritise workload, delegate and to supervise more junior staff including support staff and students, to aid provision of high standards of patient care.
* To assess the occupational therapy needs of a defined patient group and establish and evaluate appropriate treatment plans. This includes chronic, acute and palliative care within own competencies, recognising own limitations and seeking advice when necessary.
* To monitor, evaluate and modify treatment for patients with multiple in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of effectiveness of treatment
* To select and apply occupational therapy assessments for a designated caseload, addressing occupational performance and skill deficits, enabling patients in the areas of productivity, self and leisure.
* Act in accordance to legislation and policies
* Work as an active member of the team attending team meeting and contributing to systems and procedures
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
* Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
* Working in a community setting
* Rehabilitation and assessments experience
* Intermediate care practice
* Falls management skills
* Knowledge of the current policies toward Safeguarding, Risk Assessment/Management and choice and control
* Liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers
* Writing reports and attending multi-disciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
* Organising support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
As an Occupational Therapist you MUST be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com