Occupational Therapist - Adults Community - West London - £30 - £32 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the adults' community team in North London. The role encompasses the assessment for service users of any age with substantial physical disabilities in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria. In conjunction with the service user, the successful Occupational Therapist will formulate a plan to enhance their independence either by rehabilitation, equipment or home adaptations.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
* Supportive team
* Continuing professional development
* Community based role
* A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
* Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
* To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments, reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties whilst taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
* To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations
* To prepare and revise care plans
* To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
* To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
* To work with surveyors from housing departments, housing associations and external Architects to design major adaptations and monitor the adaptation installation to ensure that the works meet service users needs.
* To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out
* ensure confidentiality of service users' information.
* To ensure that all Health& Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
* To advise OT Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
* Working within a multidisciplinary team and liaising with other professionals such as partners of the council and Health departments
* Experience of major adaptations, reablement, gain programs, and moving and handling assessments
* Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
* Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
* Knowledge of relevant legislation
As an Occupational Therapist you MUST be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org