Lead Nurse and Non Medical Prescriber - (RGN or RMN) - Community Drug and Alcohol Detox Clinic
Salary: up to £45,439.25 (including R&R and Fringe Bonus and £5,000 recruitment allowance)
Shifts: Monday - Friday 9 - 5
We require an experienced Lead Nurse (RMN or RGN) to work in a Community Drug and Alcohol Detox Clinic in Southend.
In this role you will be responsible for leading and supervising a team of nurses at the London. As directed by the Locality Lead and Clinical Services Coordinator, the post holder will provide a nurse-led clinical service. As a RGN or RMN you will be assessing clients and developing risk management plans, screening for BBV, delivering vaccinations, dispensing Naloxone, advising clients on medication and substance misuse, and enabling them to access medical care, review medication regimes and assist in the process of referrals for post-treatment recovery support. The post holder will work within our Medically Assisted Recovery model.
The benefits of this Lead Nurse position include:
* Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm hours only
* Excellent pay rate
* Exceptional training and development opportunities
* Career progression opportunities
Duties as a Lead Nurse:
* You will be an integral part of a multidisciplinary team and lead on initiating and reviewing prescribing for a wide range of clients, working within our clear formulary and your own competencies.
* Your diary will be structured with 3-way clinic appointments with our recovery coordinators and clients, emergency slots for same day prescribing, new client slots to give longer for initial diagnosis, structured admin time (to give support to document your diagnosis and recommendations effectively and inform our prescribing admin team to manage the prescription process) and clinical discussion time programmed in.
* You will act as a point of contact for other workers and partner agencies around prescribing issues.
* You will be a qualified nurse and possess and valid UK NMC registration.
* Previous experience of working with drug and alcohol recovery is essential.
* Independent Prescriber Course is essential
* Previous experience of leading / managing a team is desirable but applicants' with strong nursing experience and the potential to develop in to management with training and support will be considered.
* Eligible to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com