Occupational Therapist - Adults Community - Harrow - £30 - £32 per hour
36 hours a week, flexible working hours.
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Adults Community team within Harrow. The role encompasses the assessment of service users with a disability to undertake and review assessments in consultation with other health professionals.
The successful Occupational Therapist will be managing the needs of adults with physical or sensory disabilities including those who are terminally ill. Our client is keen to hear from applications who have experience of providing aid and rehabilitation for clients with a disability.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
* Excellent Pay Rates
* Great working Hours
* Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
* To directly manage in accordance with department procedures a caseload of service users as allocated by the OT Team Manager.
* To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
* To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
* To prepare and revise care plans in accordance with departmental procedures.
* To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
* To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
* To make written recommendations to Housing Associations for adaptations.
* To work with surveyors from housing departments, housing associations and external Architects to design major adaptations and monitor the adaptation installation to ensure that the works meet service users needs.
* To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out, using the department's policy, procedure and standards on case work recording.
* To ensure confidentiality of service users' information.
* To ensure that all Health& Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
* To produce reports on the functional needs of service users where appropriate e.g for re-housing, employment.
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Basic awareness of safeguarding
* Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
* Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
* Knowledge of relevant legislation appropriate to disability services
* Able to work independently
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org