Detox Nurse - Substance Misuse Clinic - Nuneaton, Warwickshire - up to £33,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday - Friday, 9am until 5pm hours only
A substance misuse clinic in Nuneaton, Warwickshire are currently looking for a passionate and ambitious Detox Nurse to join their team. They are looking for an RGN or RMN with a positive attitude that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process.
They are looking to recruit a skilled nurse with a background in substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practise nursing background, to work in their fantastic service in Nuneaton.
The service provides an Alcohol Liaison Service, an Alcohol Detox Service and an Opiate Replacement Service for NHS patients.
Benefits of this Detox Nurse role include:
* A competitive salary with an increase in annual leave days based on length of service
* A generous contributory pension scheme
* Regular support and supervision during their probationary period and monthly supervision thereafter
* The opportunity to work within a rewarding and varied role in a supportive team environment
* The potential for personal and professional development, including internal and external training courses and time off to pursue relevant higher education qualifications.
The service provides a range of interventions including:
* Blood borne virus screening and vaccination
* Clinically assisted alcohol reduction plans
* Community detoxification
* Extended brief interventions
* Health and wellbeing checks
* Hospital alcohol liaison.
The successful Detox Nurse will:
* Be a first level registered Nurse (RGN or RMN)
* Possess an active UK nursing PIN
* Ideally have experience in substance misuse services, whether that be drugs, alcohol or both
* Have a clear understanding of the need for and ability to deliver quality services
* Have knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
* Demonstrate knowledge of harm reduction and health promotion interventions
* Possess knowledge of the issues facing alcohol misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
* Have the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org