Occupational Therapist - Equipment and Adaptations - Lincolnshire - £28 - £30 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join the Equipment and Adaptations team with one of our clients in Lincolnshire.
They are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist who has previous experience of working in: a community setting, rehabilitation and assessments, intermediate care practice and falls management.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
* Excellent Pay Rates
* Deeply rewarding and varied work
* A chance to develop and implement change
* Working within a multidisciplinary team
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role Responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
* Assessing the needs of clients under relevant legislation to assist in maximising their ability to achieve full participation in the community.
* To assess the need for and make recommendations on means of furthering the independence of clients including the use of domestic adaptations and personal aids.
* Ensuring that recommendations are implemented, liaising with all branches of the Social Services Department, other Council Departments and the Health Authorities as necessary.
* Maintenance of case records, write reports and answer correspondence.
* Training of the client and his/her family in the correct use of equipment and adaptations.
* To participate in regular multi-agency meetings and to be part of a multi-disciplinary team within the localities, to include Team Manager, Specialist Social Worker/Care manager, Social Worker/Care manager - Adults, District Nurse care Managers, Link Hospital Social Workers and Domiciliary Care Assessors.
* To provide contributory reports, professional advice and support to Community Care and Social Work staff in undertaking assessments of need, devising care plans to meet identified needs, including advising on potential provider agencies or types of service being provided and undertaking reviews of care plans and need.
* Advising staff and clients in day and residential establishments and their homes when required on the occupational therapy needs of disable persons under the Chronic Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970.
* Maintaining current information relating to aids and adaptations.
* Offering specialist advice to council departments on the design and allocation of special housing e.g. wheelchair, mobility.
* Advising technical staff in the making and modification of specific aids.
* To assist in building and maintaining effective working relationships with other borough agencies including health, voluntary sector in the provision of an OT service.
* At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy.
The successful Physiotherapist - Band 6 will be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com