Prison Nurse – RMN – Lewes, East Sussex - £24,124 - £30,112 per annum
A large NHS Mental Health Trust in the South East of England are currently looking for a Prison Nurse (RMN). They are looking for an RMN who can provide high quality services for the patients, carers and local communities in the area.
Newly qualified nurses will also be considered for this position. This position is based on the inpatient unit within a Prison in Lewes, East Sussex. As an RMN, you will be working alongside a multi-disciplinary team in a role that will enable you the opportunity to develop existing skills and learn new ones.
The benefits of this Prison Nurse role include:
- Salary up to £30,112 per annum
- £2,000 Golden Hello bonus OR £2,000 relocation package
- Newly qualified nurses considered
- Training and development
- Career progress opportunities
Your duties as a Prison Nurse:
- Pro-actively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
- To manage the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs.
- Administer medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment.
- Support blood borne virus clinics including pre-screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing
As a Prison Nurse, you will need:
- Nursing Qualification (RMN)
- Valid NMC PIN
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com