Occupational Therapist - Specialist Assessments – Redbridge - £30 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join the Adult Social Care team with one of our clients in Redbridge. The successful Occupational Therapist will be joining a multidisciplinary team to undertake specialist assessments (manual handling and major adaptations).
The team aims to increase and restore patient’s independence by providing long term support to service users. This is a community-based role for clients that include vulnerable adults with disabilities. This will require strong experience of community care, moving and handling, equipment and adaptations.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role Responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
- Undertake OT specialist assessments ( manual handling and major adaptations)
- Manage, plan, prioritise and progress cases of high complexity, seeking support and suggesting resolutions for workload difficulties with due regard to service standards, targets and timescales.
- Use expert knowledge and skills to develop and advise on rehabilitation plans, promoting choice and independence, as well as advising on the need for adaptations which will promote the independence of disabled people.
- Prepare sketches, read plans and provide detailed specifications for major works.
- Experience of assessing, supplying, reviewing and demonstrating safe use of equipment, adaptations and telecare to support individuals' independence.
- Support service users and their carers during assessment, support planning and review to identify and purchase aids, assisted technology and adaptations and to fit, adjust and demonstrate their use within the person's home where appropriate.
- high level of knowledge of health and social care processes and responsibilities in line with the Care Act 2014.
- Experience of working with vulnerable service users and carers with complex needs in order to assess their circumstances and support them to make informed decisions and choices.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision making.
- Demonstrate an in depth level of knowledge and experience of working with relevant physical health and/or mental health conditions that impact upon service users and carers.
- Experience of assessing and manage risk, balancing rights and responsibilities of service users and carers.
- Demonstrate use of professional judgement in understanding and applying the safeguarding standards that underpin all safeguarding activity.
- Ability to assess in relation to the Mental Capacity Act.
- Current practice and knowledge of health and social care legislation.
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
- Working in a community setting
- Rehabilitation and assessments experience
- Intermediate care practice
- Falls management skills
- Knowledge of the current policies toward Safeguarding, Risk Assessment/Management and choice and control
As an Occupational Therapist, you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com