Head of Service - RMN or RNLD - Specialist Mental Health Provision – Lewisham - £45,000 - £60,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm
Our client in Lewisham is currently looking for a Service Manager to join their Specialist Mental Health Provision. The successful Head of Service will be supported by a strong team leader and registered general nurses.
You will be joining a service which supports young adults and adults with learning disabilities, complex needs and mental health conditions.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in providing effective leadership and creating a clear vision and operating model for our client's mental health focused services. The role holder will have demonstrable experience of working at a senior level in mental health provision and will bring this experience to be able to effectively engage and collaborate with.
Job specification as a Head of Service:
- To provide clinical and managerial leadership to the day-to-day operation of the unit team, monitoring workload, allocating duties and ensuring duties are discharged safely and effectively.
- To undertake specialist assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the service user care needs
- To supervise and manage the daily workload in such a way to maximise efficiency, ensuring that duties are discharged safely and effectively.
- To ensure agreed service standards are upheld and monitored, through the use of audit, benchmarking, user feedback etc
- To support the recruitment of and to manage team staff, including regular 1:1 supervision, coaching, appraisal, team building, training and development
- To ensure that staff members follow an Induction Programme, to identify staff training requirements and ensure that all staff participate in ongoing training to meet the needs of the service users.
- To organise regular individual staff, support and feedback sessions / staff supervision and annual appraisal.
- To be overall responsible for the homes residential and day care budget, and make returns to head office as required ensuring a clear record of accounts.
- Identify and convert potential opportunities into new placements and services
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
- Have a strong clinical understanding of mental health
- To carry out such other tasks as is commensurate with the post which may, from time to time, be required of the Company.
Person specification for the successful Head of Service:
- Extensive experience as a Registered Manager for services working with individuals with Mental Health and associated complex needs.
- RMN or RNLD qualification and NMC PIN.
- Relevant health or social care qualification (NVQ Level 5) or other professional qualification's
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to listen attentively to others.
- Ability to collaborate and work professionally with service users, families, and involved professionals/agencies to provide a service which maximises outcomes for service users.
- Experience of supervising and supporting staff and deploying staff resources efficiently to meet the needs of the service.
- Knowledge and skills to ensure the safe management and administration of medication
- Ability to conduct holistic needs and risk assessments with service users and devise support and risk management plans.
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org