Senior Occupational Therapist - Major Adaptations - Tower Hamlets - £33 per hour
We are currently looking for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join the adult social care team with one of our clients within Tower Hamlets.
The successful Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the provision of the Occupational Therapy Service (Early Intervention, Adults & Children or Older People).
Benefits of this Senior Occupational Therapist role include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Rewarding and varied work
- Steady Caseloads
- Access to a well-established network with adult occupational therapy services
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as a Senior Occupational Therapist:
- To manage a caseload of client referrals, conducting assessments for a range of people including those with complex needs and high levels of risk requiring adaptations to their homes.
- To prioritise customers with urgent needs requiring specialist
- To carry out post installation visits to monitor recommendations and review care plans; undertaking a reassessment of the persons need where necessary.
- At all times to place the customer at the centre of their own care planning process, working at all times in partnership to ensure the best possible service provision is tailored to individual need.
- To play an advocacy role in supporting customers, carers and families in accepting major changes to their environment such as large equipment or alterations to their homes.
- To have a working knowledge of the Disabled Facilities Grant legislation and council guidance and policy regarding adaptations to private and social housing.
- Undertake moving/handling risk assessments of customers where issues are complex with high levels of risk.
- To be able to teach/demonstrate safer handling techniques to customers, carers and professionals, in accordance with relevant legislation and risk management strategies.
- To teach rehabilitation techniques to customers' families, carers and other professionals to encourage and maintain independence at home enabling them to live their chosen lifestyle.
- Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary case conferences and reviews, as appropriate, identifying the individual needs of users and recommending appropriate OT intervention
- To identify and initiate referrals of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults to the relevant care management team.
- Maintain accurate and relevant client records including details of vulnerability or disability and OT interventions.
- Work within the Councils Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
As an Senior Occupational Therapist you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com