Substance Misuse Nurse – Prison – Manchester - £26,000 - £29,000 per annum
Working hours: 7:30am until 3:30pm
My client is a regional health care provider that specialises in substance misuse across the North West and is looking to recruit for their CAT A male prison in Manchester.
If you are a registered nurse (RGN or RMN) who has experience working in secure mental health or substance misuse services, then this is a fantastic opportunity to take on a new challenging role.
As a registered nurse (RGN or RMN), you will need to be able to work collaboratively within your team and across the group with the drug and alcohol team to provide outstanding and innovative services, delivering the best possible outcomes for those in your care. You will work closely with offenders offering medical interventions and clinical therapies to support their journey from dependence to freedom.
This is an exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be able to positively impact people’s future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
Benefits of this Substance Misuse Nurse role include:
- Training opportunities RCGP Course
- Innovative appraisal system
- Experienced management
- Access to Bank hours
- Free Parking
Your duties as a Substance Misuse Nurse:
- Pro-actively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
- To manage the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs.
- Administer medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment.
- Support blood borne virus clinics including pre-screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing
As a Substance Misuse Nurse, you will need:
- Nursing Qualification (RGN, RMN)
- Valid NMC PIN
- Experience in Medium Secure setting or Substance Misuse
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com