Occupational Therapist - Children and Young People – Brent - £30 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the Young people team with one of our clients in Brent. This is a multidisciplinary team within a social care setting that aims to support young people with physical disabilities.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Continuing professional development
- Community based role
- A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Experience required for this Occupational Therapist role include:
- Experience of working with young people with physical disabilities; children and young people with learning disabilities
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive OT assessments and in particular those in relation to moving and handling and or major adaptations
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to draw up OT Reports, Adaptation Specifications
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
- The role will involve providing specialist occupational therapy assessments for children and young people 18-25 years undergoing Transition to adulthood.
- The role will involve home visits to carry out assessments and reviews of the young people's functional needs and environmental difficulties.
- In conjunction with the service user, to formulate a plan to enhance their independence either through, Reablement, rehabilitation, equipment or home adaptations and assessing the needs of the carer where eligible addressed.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To advise OT Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
As an Occupational Therapist, you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email email@example.com