Senior Occupational Therapist - Major Adaptations/Moving and Handling - Kensington and Chelsea - £31 - £32 per hour
Flexible working hours, across 4 or 5 days.
We are currently looking for a senior Occupational Therapist to join the adult social care team with one of our clients within Kensington and Chelsea.
The successful Occupational Therapist will work with people with disabilities to encourage independence and integration within the community. As well as developing an understanding and increase awareness in the community of the needs of people with disabilities.
Benefits of this Senior Occupational Therapist role include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Rewarding and varied work
- Steady Caseloads
- Access to a well-established network with adult occupational therapy services
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities for this Senior Occupational Therapist role include:
- To assess the functional abilities, difficulties and needs of people with physical disabilities at home and at the service's drop-in clinic.
- To carry out specific assessments i.e. housing, manual handling, hearing impairment etc.
- To review and re-assess service users as required
- To recognise the needs of carers and to make decisions incorporating them.
- To identify the need for other professional services and to support service users by making appropriate referrals.
- To organise and implement the Occupational Therapy Service in line with council policy, ensuring equality issues are integrated into the post holder’s day to day work.
- To recommend the use of equipment and to teach alternative methods of carrying out everyday functions to enable service users to lead as full a life as possible.
- To recommend and provide specifications for adaptations in service user's homes and check works are carried out to the required standard.
- To ensure cost effective service provision and make recommendations for specialist equipment and adaptations in accordance with eligibility criteria and departmental guidelines.
- To work with other client groups i.e. people with mental illness, learning difficulties and those requiring education in social skills.
- To undertake the responsibility for ensuring that performance targets are met.
- To support the Reablement Managers to deliver a high quality Reablement service, to meet the needs of service users. This involves working with users and careers in setting goals and conducting goal reviews, carrying out Reablement tasks, managing and recording the progress and, when required, supporting the Reablement Managers in running the service.
As a Senior Occupational Therapist, you must be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org