Substance Misuse Nurse - Detox Clinic - King's Lynn - up to £32,910p/a + £5,000 allowance
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
We are currently looking for an experienced Registered General Nurse (RGN) or Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to join a substance misuse charity service in King's Lynn. This company is one of the country's most recognisable alcohol and opiate addiction recovery services and are expanding at a fast rate.
This service aims to provide detoxification care to patients, attending to their general and mental wellbeing. Although mental health plays a key part within the services values the focus is oriented towards detox as opposed to rehab.
In your role as Substance Misuse Nurse, you will play an integral part in an experienced multidisciplinary team consisting of Doctors, Recovery Workers and Peer Mentors. It is also preferable that you have experience working in vaccinations, including BBV, Hepatitis C Screening, ECG's, alcohol and opiate detoxification and Health Promotion.
This company offer the potential to develop and progress and support you in doing so. Team work is one of the key factors in this role and the successful individual will be expected to play their part within the dynamic of the team. It is also important to have a positive attitude towards working with others and reflecting the values of the company.
The benefits of Substance Misuse Nurse / Health and Wellbeing Nurse role include:
- Generous salary package up to £32,910 a year
- £5,000 R&R allowance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Relevant training and development
- Office working hours
As a Substance Misuse Nurse working in a Clinic, you will:
- Manage infections and adverse effects relating to poor injecting practice
- Handle hepatitis B vaccination and blood borne virus (BBV) testing
- Dispense, monitor and report on the effects of medicines
- Identify and manage alcohol-related liver disease
- Identify and manage alcohol-related dementia
- To be a Registered Nurse (RGN or RMN) with relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience or interest in substance misuse
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org