Non-Medical Prescriber - Community Substance Misuse - Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone - up to £36,922 + up to £5,000 R & R
We are currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity in Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone in a community based recovery service for those affected by Alcohol and Substance Misuse. Our client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered General or Mental Health Nurse who is qualified Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP).
The multi-disciplinary team offers specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system. This includes BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
We are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user. You will need to be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols.
Benefits of this role:
- Office hours (Monday to Friday 9 - 5)
- Excellent annual pay
- Up to £5,000 R&R bonus
This role as an NMP working in Substance Misuse will include:
- Providing a safe, effective and evidence based care and interventions for service users and clinical interventions for alcohol and substance misuse assisted withdrawal
- Working in collaboration with the clinical lead, Consultant Psychiatrist, nurses to aid in the safe delivery of Alcohol and Substance Misuse detox and assisted withdrawal services
- Supporting service users affected by alcohol and substance misuse to achieve and sustain their recovery
- Admissions assessments and detox prescribing
- Physical and medical assessments
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Client case management
- The administration and distribution of Medication and Controlled Drugs
- Overseeing the wellbeing of client's recovery from a psychosocial perspective as well as medical
The successful candidate will have:
- An RMN or RGN Nursing qualification
- Current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience in a similar clinical role within a substance misuse environment
- The Non-Medical Prescriber qualification
For further information please email email@example.com