Registered Nurse - Prison Service - Manchester - £26,000 - £29,000p/a
We are currently partnered with a regional health care provider who specialises in substance misuse and is looking to recruit a Nurse for their CAT A male prison in Manchester.
If you are an experienced Registered Nurse who has experience working in secure mental health or substance misuse then this is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role as a Substance Misuse Nurse in Manchester.
You will need to be able to work collaboratively within your team and across the group with the drug and alcohol team to provide outstanding and innovative services, delivering the best possible outcomes for those in your care. You will work closely with offenders offering medical interventions and clinical therapies to support their journey from dependence to freedom.
This is a really exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be able to positively impact people’s future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
Benefits of this Nursing role:
- Training opportunities RCGP course
- Pension scheme
- Innovative appraisal system
- Experienced management
- Access to bank hours
- Free parking
Your duties as a Substance Misuse Nurse working in a Prison Service will include:
- Pro actively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
- To manage the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs.
- Administer medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment.
- Support blood borne virus clinics including pre screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing
You will need to have:
- A Nursing qualification (RGN or RMN)
- Valid NMC pin
- Experience in a Medium Secure or Substance Misuse setting
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org