Staff Nurse - Category B Prison Service - Norwich - £27,500 - £32,000p/a
Our client is one of the largest providers of private health care across the country, specialising in prisons and substance misuse in Norfolk, and they are looking for an experienced Staff Nurse to join their service. You will need to have experience working in secure mental health or substance misuse and be looking for an opportunity in a Category B prison for males.
You will be providing clinical input to offenders and supporting to junior colleagues. You will also be required to work within the team of multi disciplinary staff to assist & support in delivering a nurse-led integrated primary care service.
You may either be registered as a General, Mental Health or Learning Disability Nurse.
- Training and development opportunities
- NHS pension
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Access to bank hours
- 40% of travel
- Free parking
Duties of working within the Prison Service as a Nurse include:
- Pro-actively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate)
- Diagnosing and managing acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle
- Managing the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs
- Administering medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment
- Supporting blood borne virus clinics including pre screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing
You are required to have:
- A Nursing qualification (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
- Valid NMC pin
- Experience in a Medium Secure setting or Substance Misuse setting as a Nurse
- Eligibility to work in the UK
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org