Substance Misuse Nurse - Drug and Alcohol Service - Huddersfield - £27,027 - £32,910p/a
This an exciting and challenging new role for an experience nurse within the charity sector. We are looking for dedicated nurses to work in our client's substance misuse service. All applicants must be a registered general nurse (RGN) and live in the Huddersfield area.
Our client provides services for people with alcohol, drug and mental health issues and we have vacancies in their specialist detoxification service for qualified nurses with a desire to work in this field.
The role is within a residential community drug and alcohol detoxification unit, providing accommodation for persons who require treatment for substance misuse. The service runs 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and provides medically supervised alcohol and drug detoxification programmes for people aged 18 and above.
Many of their service users also have other needs including diagnosed mental ill health, pre-existing physical health needs and challenging life circumstances. There is a multidisciplinary staff team including nurses, recovery substance misuse/mental health workers, complimentary therapy workers and group workers.
Benefits of this Nursing role:
- Great annual salary
- Central location - easily accessible
- MDT approach
Your duties as a Substance Misuse Nurse will consist of:
- Managing infections and adverse effects relating to poor injecting practice
- Handling hepatitis B vaccination and blood borne virus (BBV) testing
- Dispensing, monitoring and reporting on the effects of medicines
- Identifying and managing alcohol-related liver disease
- Identifying and managing alcohol-related dementia
- A Registered General Nursing qualification
- Current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience of working in mental health services (ideally substance misuse)
- A good understanding of the care programme approach and risk assessments
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org